Advanced Robot Manipulators Lab
Welcome to our lab website!
We are a robotics research group interested in building intelligent and advanced robot manipulators to assist complex tasks in our daily lives.
We believe our future works can contribute to many applications:
- Manipulators (surgical instruments) in minimally invasive surgery
- Manipulators in field applications such as search and rescue
- Manipulators in remotely-assisted tasks such as space and marine robotics
These applications motivate research theoretical interests:
- Unconventional compliant manipulators such as snake-like and elephant trunk: mechanism designs, kinematic & dynamics modeling, control & estimation.
- Collaborative robot manipulators: force and motion control.
- Human-in-the-loop manipulation and teleoperation: supervised autonomy, and master-slave model-mediated telamanipulation
- Underactuated robotic hands: mechanism design, design optimization, and modeling & simulation.