Advanced Robot Manipulators Lab
Welcome to our lab website!
We are a robotics research group interested in building intelligent and advanced robot manipulators to assist complex tasks in our daily lives.
Our research are motivated by impactful applications:
- Manipulators (flexible surgical instruments) in minimally invasive surgery
- Manipulators (bio-inspired continuum arms) in field applications such as search and rescue
- Manipulators (hands and end-effectors) in remotely-assisted tasks such as space and marine robotics
Our research contributes to interesting theoretical interests:
- Unconventional compliant manipulators such as snake-like and elephant trunk: mechanism designs, kinematic & dynamics modeling, control & estimation.
- Collaborative robot manipulators: force and motion control.
- Human-in-the-loop manipulation and teleoperation: supervised autonomy, and leader-follower model-mediated telamanipulation